Originally published in “The Buzz” — bizbuzzcontent’s newsletter. To get this content delivered to your inbox a month early, sign up here.
“We have to blog!” says every business whose heard of content marketing, ever. But do you know just how it benefits your brand, and how to get the most from it?
When you know why you’re doing it, the content creation part becomes simpler to navigate. It turns from a burden to an initiative, because you have purpose.
When it comes to being visible in the search results and building your brand online, blogging is one of the best ways to accomplish that.
Here are 7 ways blogs facilitate crucial goals:
- Search engine spiders come back to crawl and index your site more often when fresh content is added on a regular basis.
- Your site builds authority for the topics your brand knows, and in turn, creates relevancy in the eyes of the search engine; this is important to being a candidate for the search results for a given query.
- Search engines are one of the first places people go to research products and services, and the information-seeking stage of the buying cycle is prime time for blog content to present solutions.
- You can answer common questions your customers or prospects have through blog posts, and point them to those posts when the occasion arises.
- A blog is a great way to build a community around your brand, especially when you allow people to join the conversation via comments and in social mediums.
- The blog is a perfect platform for content campaigns comprised of multiple posts focused on particular topics in support of larger marketing initiatives and business goals.
- If you’re not doing it, your competition surely is.
Consider the following stats:
- Companies that blog 15 or more times per month get 5 times more traffic than companies that don’t blog at all. (Hubspot 2012)
- Blogs on company sites result in 55 percent more visitors, and give sites 434 percent more indexed pages. (Content+ 2012)
- Content creation was cited as the most effective (53 percent) SEO tactic amongst B2Bs. (MarketingSherpa 2012)
Here at bizbuzzcontent, we’ve seen clients increase their search and social traffic significantly, be interviewed by leading news sites, garner qualified leads and land big contracts — all through blogging efforts.
Once you begin to see the power and potential of blogging, you start to think about it as a platform for your search engine optimization, branding, marketing initiatives, sales, customer service and much, much more.
Now go forth, and blog!